Results-orientated technology professional with over 20+ years of proven success in Information Technology project and resource management. Proven leadership skills with the ability to build partnerships with peers, business leaders and stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
Senior Advisor – Apple, Inc., Cupertino, CA. 2012 – Present
As a Senior AHA (At Home Advisor), I’m responsible for providing senior level technical support for Mac computer & iOS products. Supporting customers and Tier 1 advisors using Apple products such as iPhones, iPads and Mac computers.
- Provide senior level technical support for iOS devices including iPhones, iPads and iPods to customers and Tier 1 advisors.
- Provide senior level technical support for MacOS, MacBook Pro’s and iMac’s.
- Responsible for appropriate handling of Engineering review and support requests for iOS and operating system issues.
- Responsible for the appropriate handling and escalation of safety issues related to mobile products including iPhones, iPads and iPods.
Self-Employed – Bluegrass Web Works, Louisville, KY. 2006 – 2018
Provider of website maintenance, management, updates, SEO Services, website and email hosting for small and mid-sized businesses across the US.
- Provider of website, business email and Microsoft Exchange hosting, support and account management for small and mid-sized businesses of all types.
- Also provide WordPress website management including, core files / plugin updates, site backups and content management for multiple business sites.
- Complete WordPress website design, build and on-going management services.
- Provide IT Management services including desktop, server and network support.
- Provide end-user / desktop support to small and mid-sized businesses.
IT Support Supervisor – Flextronics LTD., Louisville, KY. 2006 – 2008
Responsible for managing a 5 member team providing 24/7 desktop and application support to 1500 operations and office staff and 400 mobile workers across the US.
- Provided 24/7 level II/III hardware and software support and technical consulting to 400 mobile workers across the US. This included new system configuration and deployment, existing system repair and hardware/software problem resolution.
- Manage and monitor IT staff schedules, priorities and performance to ensure production programs have a consistent and superior level of technology support.
- Led technology team in successful relocation of the production environment from (2) 250,000 sq. ft. facilities, into (1) new 500,000 sq. ft. facility with no loss of production or down time.
US Technology Change Manager – Mercer Consulting, Louisville, KY. 1996 – 2006
Responsible for the management review, impact analysis and stakeholder approval of Requests for Change from 42 US offices and Global Technology Operations Center
- Successfully managed national project to implement an automated Change Request tracking tool, along with supporting processes, utilizing Remedy Systems, Change Management Module.
- Developed process enhancements to decrease the Change Management review stakeholder approval and implementation time of hardware and application upgrades into the production environment.
- In partnership with regional and global leadership, led individual and group sessions educating and promoting the value of the Change Management process in reducing service disruptions for business units.
- Chaired “National Change Advisory Board” sessions with regional, global technology and business leaders to analyze the impact of change requests, ensure appropriate project resource allocations and prioritize initiatives.
- Established Change Management performance metrics to identify trends resulting in a more effective management of technology services and enhanced project planning and execution.
- Promoted to US Change Manager from Technology Manager.
Technology Manager – Mercer Consulting, Louisville, KY. 1996 – 2006
Responsible for leading a support team of 10-12 full time and contract staff providing level 2/3 desktop, network infrastructure, project and asset management services to over 800 consultants and software developers in a multi-site environment.
- Established performance goals, metrics and guidelines for technology staff that aligned with business goals and objectives resulting in improved technology service, client satisfaction and enhanced productivity.
- Established Asset Management processes and procedures to provide internal clients with the latest technology while significantly reducing the Total Cost of Ownership for business units by 45% over 3 years.
- In partnership with regional and global leadership, successfully implemented a 24×7 Global Service Desk environment providing Level 1 & 2 support to 42 US offices.
- Served as Project Manager on numerous local and national technology projects such as Cisco Network Backbone implementation, Enterprise Backup systems and migration from Lotus cc:Mail to Exchange / Outlook email, resulting in a more robust, available and secure user environment.
- Promoted to Technology Manager from Network/Desktop Support Team Leader.
IT Supervisor – Sandvik Sorting Systems, Louisville, KY. 1995 – 1996
Responsible for partnering with management of Mechanical, Electrical and R&D Departments to provide technology solutions to address business needs, including document management, desktop standardization and technical project management.
- Enhanced the speed, accuracy and quality of drafting, engineering and project management processes by implementing WindowsNT Workstation to over 100 Project Engineers and CAD Operators.
- Implemented a Cisco switched network environment to increase performance and stability for engineering divisions.
- Managed and administered (4) NetWare 4.x servers, (2) WindowsNT servers and enterprise backup systems.
Systems Analyst – Gray Construction Co. Inc., Lexington, KY. 1986 – 1995
Responsible for management of various projects such as Lotus cc:Mail migration to Microsoft Mail, Corporate Bulletin Board System, Lead Tracking Database, Remote Access for sales team, Netware for SAA and Windows NT to Novell connectivity.
- Designed, implemented and managed a 250+ user Novell 3.x network running on multiple Compaq servers.
- Established standards for customer, supplier, sub-contractor and vendor PC and communications technology.
- Promoted to Senior Systems Analyst from Lead CAD Operator.
Business Development Strategy and Skills: Mercer & Franklin Covey Co. – 1999
Associate Degree, Architectural Design Drafting: Louisville Technical Institute – 1984
Synthesis Parametric Design: University of Southwestern Louisiana – 1986